I’M THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE
I hear quiet strains of Maureen McGovern singing, “There’s got to be a morning after.”
It’s a new day, the sun has come out, the desert flowers are blooming. Children are laughing and playing. It’s as though all memory of the past horror is blotted out in the joy of the new day.
My thanks to those of you who sent hugs. It helped.
And it is a new day, full of possibility. But I honestly don’t have great energy to face it. Yesterday was just too tempestous for me.
SO HERE’S THE DEAL
Here’s the thing. I’m posting some questions that were posted to me. If anyone gets the answers right to all of them, my cat Cheddar has graciously volunteered to show you a red hot good time(hint: Don’t EVER ask what the hip boots are for).
Here they are:
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters “dw” and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter “S.”
These are all real questions with real answers. They’re not too hard because what this is really about is getting a date for Cheddar. She’s making me do this.
Be loved guys,